INTRODUCING: VUARNET SUNGLASSES January 19 2017
Jean Vuarnet was a seven-time French ski champion by 1958.
A meeting with French optician, Roger Pouilloux, marked the start of the business adventure leading to the creation of VUARNET. During that meeting, Mr. Pouilloux offered the French ski champion a pair of his sunglasses as a token of his admiration.
The sunglasses, equipped with exclusive and patented Skilynx mineral glass lenses, enabled Jean Vuarnet to further improve his performance. The sunglasses would highlight contrasts and enhance depth perception in the fast downhill skiing along the slopes of Squaw Valley several months later during the 1960 Winter Olympics in which he won the gold medal.
Following this victory, the two men forged a friendship and decided to join forces in creating a brand that embedded their vision of constant innovation, high-performance, and French elegance. VUARNET was born.
What makes VUARNET lenses the best on the market?
- The mirror double gradient-tinted coating, guarantees maximum protection against glare and reflections.
- VUARNET lenses are the only ones in the world designed to absorb up to 94% of infrared light, thus protecting your eyes from irritating dryness and heat.
- An anti-reflection treatment on the internal face eliminates all unwanted reflections.
- Mass tinted, are naturally scratch resistant even against the most aggressive circumstances, like keys in your bag.
- Shock resistant measurement by ball-test; a ball weighing 16 grams is dropped from a height of 1.27 m onto the lens to test its shock resistance.as a result of a safety treatment by chemical tempering.
- No chromatic distortion and a vision in high definition. Guaranteed.
- Provide exceptional clarity, producing sharper vision in comparison to plastic materials.
VUARNET ensures and guarantees the best: Protection, Clarity, and Durability.
Edge Pilot Taupe/Matte Gunmetal - grey lenses
Large Rectangle District Grey - grey lenses
Large Rectangle District Honey Stripes - pure brown lenses
Medium Rectangle District Matte Black - grey lenses
Medium Rectangle District Tortoise - grey lenses
Medium Round District Amber - pure brown lenses
Medium Round District Honey - green flash lenses
Square District Shiny Black - grey lenses
Square District Matte Black/Clear - grey lenses
Rectangle Swing Matte Black - grey polar lenses
Rectangle Swing Brushed Silver/Pure Grey - blue flash lenses
Rectangle Swing Gunmetal - grey lenses
Pilot Swing Legend Blue Grey - silver flash lenses
Pillow Swing Silver - grey polar lenses
Round Swing Brushed Silver - blue polar lenses
Round Swing Matte Black - grey lenses
Shop all Vuarnet sunglasses online or in store.